Hi Fellow Elecrafters,

How accurate have you found the internal power meter/wattmeter to be on the
K2???

I ask this because there is a large difference between what I set the power
for, on the K2, and what it displays  as compared to the external meter
(contained in a Ten Tec tuner, scale 0 to 200 watts, first division being
between 0 and 10 watts).  To get a half scale reading between 0 and 10 watts (5
watts) on the Ten Tec  I have to set the K2's power level to over 8 watts.  If
I set the K2's power level to 5 watts I get an indication on the Ten Tec meter
that falls below a half scale reading between 0 and 10 watts.  In other words,
appears to be less than 5 watts.

I tend to want to trust the Ten Tec meter a bit more, since it has always given
me a good indication while running powers up to 200 w and in accordance of what
the power out was in a particular rig.

Anyway, any comments would be appreciated.  And, (maybe) should I just purchase
a good QRP wattmeter kit or invest in a Bird/Byrd.

Thanks In Advance,

Mike
KT2E
K2 4777