Hi Mike,
My K2's phone jack has been broken for over a year. I can't afford to have it replaced. But your's should still be under warranty. Get it replaced now. I am not sure how long they last though. I had an email from Gary Surrency explaining what happens to the jacks and it sounds like they break quite often. One day I may replace it but I will try to find one which lasts longer. I did not know it was broken for the longest time since I use my headphones exclusively. Maintains domestic amity :) But I was going to use the internal speaker while running the Elecraft booth station and found the problem. So I used a computer speaker, power supply, and a y cable. Worked pretty well and got a number of folks to the booth just to copy the contacts.
   Good luck,
      Kevin.   KD5ONS