I have talked with a number of Elecraft rig owners who have had the jack go dead. I guess this news did not get disseminated on this list. All were word of mouth or on the air comments. I also have heard the various work arounds more than once. Some folks have just been luckier than others with their rigs. I did not know I had a problem until I unplugged the headphones (1/8 inch stereo plug) from the jack. They had been plugged in for almost a year when I tried listening to the speaker. It was dead. So I wrote a note to Gary and got his response. I will dig it out of my archives since this seems to be occurring to others' rigs lately. Not uncommon from my unscientific statistical sampling.
   73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS