> Also I am curious what others think about the following, starting out
> with a K2, which do you think you would add next , the DSP unit or the
> 100 W option ?

If I read you right, your interest is in CW and not SSB, since you don't
mention the KSB2 option. This is similar to my interests.

I got my K2 up and running 2 months after I was licensed in 2001. It has
taken me 3.5 years to upgrade to the KPA100 which I finished this winter,
and the KAT100 which I finished this month. I had lots of fun with the basic
QRP version, but then of course sun spots were more favorable some years
ago.

My impression from this list is that the KDSP2 is more useful for SSB than
CW, altough opinions vary. I am still happy with the KAF2 and I don't have
any plans to upgrade to a KDSP2 yet.

73

Sverre
LA3ZA