I haven't been around the Elecraft history long enough to know, but I recall
that earlier versions required CAL PLL on all bands while new versions only
require it to be run on 40m.  If the AppNote still is useful information but
out of date it should as well be updated to reflect the current
hardware/firmware procedures, or at least have a note that says for units newer
than "xxx" do "abc" instead.

Mark, NK8Q
K2 #4786