I have used the K3 with a lot of sound card programs and logging
programs but today I ran into a problem using Fldigi.

In using the Fldigi(digital sound card software) I noticed something
today. I could not get it to communicate with my K3 #3423 but I could
get Fldigi to communicate via RS-232 with my #1037 K3. I eventually
figured out that Fldigi does not auto baud and I had K3 #1037 set for
38400 and the  K3 #3423 for 4800. When I choose 4800 and 2 stop bits
then the second K3 worked fine. I set both radios for 38400 under
configure RS232 on the K3 and set Fldigi for 38400 baud rate and 1 stop
bit and they both work with Fldigi.

There are a lot of sound card programs, logging programs, etc. out there
now days so if the program will not autobaud then be sure the program
and the K3 agree on the baud rate. Hopefully this will save someone a
lot of time as it took me awhile to figure it out.

Ed W0SD