Bill wrote: Why is everyone so keen to be at the head of the queue? Surely
it would be more sensible to wait until the inevitable teething problems
have been identified and overcome.

<End snip

Waiting is not one of my strong suits. Actually I have been waiting since I
first saw the P3 at the Santa Barbara Hamfest in August of last year. This
leaves me to believe that the guys at Elecraft have "teethed" the living
daylights out of it. I have the kit K3 and ordered the P3 kit, so I'm very
comfortable with updates. Besides, I need a little air time to make the most
of the P3 during the upcoming California QSO party which is the 1st weekend
of October.

73, Fred, AE6IC, K3#2241

" Do or Do-not. There is no 'Try'..." ~ Yoda