I didn't mean to interrupt the important discussion about P3 deliveries, but
please disregard my below request for help on my new K3. I have it working.

Tom - W4BQF

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Tommy Alderman
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:05 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 and N1MM Logger

I just received a new factory wired K3 (s/n 4521) and I can not get the
K3/Logger to talk to each other. At this point I think the problem with the
K3 (and it's user!) but I am not sure.
Prior to setting up my K3, I had been using an IC-7700, keying with COM1 and
interfacing with COM3, so I know those ports were working. I have a home
brew keying circuit that works with various other programs, so I have no
need to key the K3 through its serial port.
What I have done is moved my keying circuit (it works fine with the K3) to
the K3 and moved my COM3 serial cable to the K3. In Logger Config, I changed
from the IC-7700 to K3, I used the recommended configuration for the K3,
i.e., 19600/N/8/1 and I have DTR and RTS set to 'Always OFF'. The CW/PTT
Port Adr is set for 3E8.
I have tried numerous other settings, N1MM recognizes it is connected to a
K3, but I get no frequency readout.
Sure would appreciate some constructive suggestions or some working
configuration settings!
Tom - W4BQF