The subject title reminds me of  something which happened to me yesterday. I
went to visit a local new car agency  to view vehicle colors actually on the
vehicle. I had read the catalog and it  was difficult for me to visualize. I
told the salesperson the two colors I was  interested in seeing. We went to the
lot and I saw the first color. He then  started to amble around so I asked him
to tell me when he found the other color.  His response was, "Are you buying
the book or the car?" At that, my trip was  immediately finished and I was out
the door.

Being a ham, appearance does mean  something, and we are usually very
interested in what is under the  hood.

Geoff,  K6TFZ