Is it possible that you didn't put the split lock washer between the stand off
and the KSYN board?  I've seen all to many that I've repaired where one of the
resistors on the back of the PCB was snapped in half because there wasn't
enough clearance for it to fit. Or it was just crushed by the standoff.  Check
that one out, it will throw the same error that you're seeing now.

I'll have to put more thought into why your display doesn't turn off, but it
sounds more like you have a board plugged in wrong.  Perhaps off by one pin, or
have a pin bent.  Check to make sure that all 3 boards are installed correctly
on the front panel, and that the panel has been pushed on properly.  Make sure
you remove that one screw on the left side near the front as the instructions
tell you too.  Otherwise you will either crush Capacitor C76 or not align the
pins properly.

Hope this gives you some help.