As a long time high speed CW op, let me pass on an few of what I feel are the
keys to learning to receive effortlessly at QRQ levels.  The goal is to get to
the point where listening to CW is exactly like listening to a conversation;
that is, there is no conscious translation from dits and dahs into letters,
words, and ultimately, phrases.

The first thing do to do is throw away your pencil.  Learn early to copy in you
heard, even if it initially lowers your copying speed.  As you work through
this stage, you will be amazed how quickly you begin to hear words instead of
letters.  This approach will get you to at least 15 WPM if you stick with it.

For higher speeds, you must train your brain always hear words and phrases.  I
found that the best way to do this, is to scan, and later, read some printed
material while youare copying CW.  Again, this may require you to cut back your
copying speed as the process sinks in.  What this does is to permit you to
"parallel process" two things-one of which is hearing the CW and unconsciously
turning it  into words at the same time you are doing something else.  When you
reach this stage, you have the tools to take your CW copying to any level of
speed you wish.  Once you are over the 20 WPM barrier, speeds of up to 45 or
can be achieved by anyone.

You say you can't parallel process?? Sure you can--you do it every time you
are, for example, reading the paper and the XYL is talking to you ( and you are
answering her ) at the same time!!

Bill
N6FB