True, but I figured more people would be able to build a simple mixer
than happen to own a DC receiver, especially if time was a consideration
prior to the hamfest (per the original query).   And I didn't think the
carrier or opposite sidebands from the up conversion would be an issue
for a simple demo.

73,
Dave   AB7E