Chris,

There are 2 things 'wrong' which are contributing to your problem.
First, the varactors that have shipped recently have a greater
capacitance range than they used to - same type number, so 'go figure'.
The result is that the filter widths at the wider settings are
substantially wider than indicated by the K2 display - so the
recommended FL1 setting of 1.50 kHz may actually be as wide as 2.00
kHz.  The filters less than 1.00 width seem to be running about normal.
The second thing 'wrong' is a result of the first - the BFO settings in
the manual are no longer correct due to this change in the varactor
performance.

The cure is to use Spectrogram to set your filters.  Make sure you set
the wide CW filter off to one side of zero frequency on the Spectrogram
screen.  Spectrogram will allow you to measure the actual width of your
filters.
Take a look at the K2 Dila Calibration article on my website
www.w3fpr.com for information about using Spectrogram (part 3 is about
setting the filters).  The application is available for download from
Tom Hammond's website www.n0ss.net.

You will find a similar problem with the SSB filter set - the width is
much wider than indicated by the K2.  Spectrogram will give you the tool
to visually see this and make the proper adjustment.

73,
Don W3FPR