Fred is right on!
I would add that besides putting something in the subject. Like K2 it should
be in brackets, [K2].  Reason, if it's K2, the email filter will catch K2GN,
and put it in the targeted folder too.
And, please, like Elecraft requested, your text at the top with pertinent
information from the original post below. Sure makes it a lot easier to
read.
Thanks,
de K2GN - Larry - http://k2gn.com
K3 S/N - 3278    P3 S/N - 51

Would it be fair to ask that, if you're posting about "QSY" or
"markers," you put "P3" in the subject?  How about "KPA500" if that's
what your post is about?  P3 is the big topic now, KPA500 will likely
overtake it once it is delivered.  Occasionally someone posts something
about my K3 I'd like to read, less often about my K2, and hardly ever
these days about my KX1, which I've begun to use more and more since I
got active in SOTA.

A simple request to make a big difference for your comrades, and I'm one
of them.

73,

Fred K6DGW