Hello Group,

Having gained some confidence completing a K1 a few months ago, I've just
ordered from Elecraft a K2 with these options:  KPA100, KSB2 and KDSP2.   I
can't see that I'll ever want to install the KNB2 or the 160 or 60m options.

Does the "Rework Eliminator" approach to the build simply complicate matters
if I'm installing these options from the beginning and won't ever need the
others?  Are there any other advantages to using the Options bypass headers
etc?  Is it worth the potential extra-confusion of following essentially 2
manuals during the build?  I find the unpcbs website a bit overwhelming and
confusing, whereas I find the Elecraft Construction manuals very clear. It
would be nice to be able to remove the options for isolating problems with
them, but is that reason enough for all the extra fuss using the Rework
Eliminators?

I do like the idea of the Internal Mike Adapter from that company and will
probably order that.

Any ideas or advice would be very welcome,

john
VK7JB