hi Richard,

Richard Ferch schrieb am 14 Aug 2010 um 17:46:

> When you used USB you said you widened the filter. I'm guessing that was
> the key to your success. Try widening the filter in DATA A mode. The filter
> in DATA A is centered on 1500 Hz, and the default width is 400 Hz. I don't
> know where the PTC II's Pactor tones are centered, but I am guessing they
> are outside the DSP filter bandpass at the K3's normal narrow filter
> setting. Once you have determined where the PTC II's tones are, you can use
> the K3's SHIFT control to re-center the filter on them and then use WIDTH
> to widen or narrow the bandwidth as appropriate.
>
> The same is probably true for your other digital modes. A 400 Hz filter
> centered on 1500 Hz will not work with MT63, for example, but simply
> readjusting the filter settings will allow you to use DATA A for MT63.

The filter width is important but not his problem. He reported that he has
no LINE IN gain. (RF out zero)
Filter width for Pactor 1+2 is 500Hz, center on 1500 is default, but can
be adjusted in the Ptc-2 (tone setting 4 will set the tones to 1400 -
1600Hz)
For Pactor 3 the full SSB bandwidth is needed, so set the filter to 2400.
Center is 1500Hz by default. (again tones 4 - which is set by Airmail and
cannot be changed)

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing.

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 5522 22505