Juha, OH6OS
Did you get solution already?
If not please refer following advice that I had given from tech support of
Elecraft
egarding same problem.

===Q't===
You need to always be careful to remove *all* cables from the K3 is
there is a bad lightning storm.  We see lots of damage to customer's K1,
K2, K3 each summer when this is not done. I learned this the hard way
when I lived in Florida where lightning is severe.

Possibly U1 on the KIO3 main board is damaged or the negative supply
voltage is too low or is missing. We've seen a low negative level on
some rigs if the 1kHz oscillator is not working well.

With the serial cable removed, please check to see if there is at least
-5VDC at U1 pin 8 on the KIO3 main board, or at the gold plated hole
which is right next to pin 8 (bottom left side of U1, as you face the
front of the rig). -7VDC or more is normal.  Also touch U1 to see if it
feels hot or warm, or if it looks to be damaged.

If you suspect this is the problem, we can send you a new IC for U1, or
the entire KIO3 main board will need to be replaced.

Also check the little board that has the ACC and RS232 connectors to see
if it might have an open SMD RF choke. Use an ohmmeter to see if all of
the RFCs show less than 10 ohms as expected.
==Unq't===

GL!
Atsu, JE1TRV