What is your compression level set at? I have mine set at 20 and I have 100%
more "talk power" as indicated by an average indicating analog power/SWR
meter than my two ICOM transceivers. I am also finding that with the K3 I am
exceptionally successful in pileups in spite of my 100W and a dipole.

AB2TC - Knut