Hi Bob,

The LP-Pan uses a PC for its display. Many operators prefer a stand-
alone Panadapter like our new P3, which sits beside the K3 and doesn't
require a PC for operation.

The P3 is very tightly integrated with the K3 -- basically plug-and-
play. It displays the K3's VFO A and B frequencies, VFO bandwidths,
and QSY markers so you can jump to a desired signal easily. The P3's
firmware is continuing to evolve, and in the future it will provide
additional features. There's a daisy-chain IF OUT output so you could
connect an LP-Pan in addition to the P3, if you'd like.

The kit version of the P3 is very easy to build. No soldering
required. Building it yourself will save you $50.

I'm probably biased :)  You can find customer reviews of the P3 at:

    http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/9146

73,
Wayne
N6KR