Good Evening,
   Twenty meters was good today.  Some QSB which varied from place to place.
From very rapid and deep to just a slight influence.  There was very little
noise.  As we move into fall I think twenty will gain more strength.  Here it
feels like autumn with temperatures in the mid forties at night and near sixty
in the day.  Tomorrow there will be a few warm days but back to what we have
now by the next weekend.  Time I got all the fire wood I have cut back to the
house.
   Forty meters was once again unable to sustain long distance communications.
I thought I heard K1THP very early but got no response to my query.  Then I
thought I heard NO8V but he too vanished before contact was established.  The
band was noise with a little fading but the locals were strong.

   On to the lists =>

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:
NO8V - John - MI - K3 - 820
K1THP - Dave - CT - K3 - 686
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
K0DTJ - Brian - CA - K3 - 4113
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866

  On 7045 kHz at 0000z:
WA6ARA - Mike - CA - KX1 - 896
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K3 - 642
K0DTJ - Brian - CA - K3 - 4113
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K3 - 1183
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767

   Another sign of seasonal change is here: the sun is setting earlier and
further south each day.  The berries are going crazy as are the coyotes who eat
them.  I get a few of them but it has been a little dry to fill out the bushes.
 I am also seeing the fireweed fade and the foxglove bloom near the top of the
stalk.  Those are my gauges telling me to get my wood home and under cover.
   Stay well until we meet again,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

-