Eric,

I don't think there will be any problem as long as the sockets you
have do not interfere with the components around those ICs. The only
piece which gets even close to those three ICs on the front panel
would be battery compartment, but since ICs in sockets won't be any
higher than the main controller in its socket it should not be causing
any trouble.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Eric Champine <champ...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I am at the point on the K1's front panel where I am supposed to solder in
> the 3 "8 pin IC's" to the front panel.
> The main chip has a IC Socket installed. I have extra 8 pin IC sockets in my
> junk box. Is it OK to install the IC sockets or is there a problem with
> space?
> Thanks if anyone can help me.
>
> 73 de W2EEC
>
> Eric