Hi guys,

after getting the missing cables today (thanks Elecraft) I immediately started
installing the K144XV into my K3. Everything went together smoothly, no
problems, at least hardware-wise.

But, I have hundreds of birdies throughout the whole 2 m band. :-(( It does not
matter if antenna connected or not, or connected to a dummyload, so I suspect
these are internally and some of them are really annoying. Already checked all
the TMP cable connections, everything seems okay.

Furthermore when switching down to 28 MHz I now have strange noise when tuning
the VFO between 28.002 and 28.007 sounding like synthesizer noise which was
definitely not there before. :-((

Any ideas what the reasons are and how to solve the problem(s)?

As I do not have the KRX3 module I tried to put the 12 V wire going to the
other
side of the mainboard to power the K144XV like shown in the manual but as the
wire is so long it is laying on the mainboard. Could that be the reason, some
pickup there?

Thanks in advance!

73, Olli - DH8BQA