Hi gang,

Just though I'd pass this info on to the list. I'd been looking for a little
wide range receiver to take along with the K1 while camping so that I could
hear some SW and SSB/CW on bands that the K1 didn't cover. Found it!

Check out the Degen 1103. Chinese made, about the size of a KX1, costs about
$60 including shipping from China, PLL Tuned, 100KHz to 30 MHz continuous,
plus FM broadcast band. Variable BFO for SSB/CW use. 24 hour clock, 2
alarms, frequency memories, direct frequency input via keypad. Big LCD
display, narrow/wide filter setting. Local/DX (attenuator) switch. Really
neat little radio. Comes with 4 rechargable batteries, ear buds, plug in
wire antenna, carrying case.

I listenned to quite a few stations tonight both CW and SSB. Also SWBC. It
works great!!!

If you'd like one too, check out E-Bay and look for the seller Liypn.

Wayne, hope this was OK to post this here. I figured it would be as it
doesn't compete with Elecraft products and other guys may have wanted it for
the same reason.

73's Trev K6ESE