I would agree with that. The pileup you hear is only a small fraction of what
the DX is hearing so that hole is not likely to be clear at his site. The DX
is most likely to be listening where he made his last contact. The
panadapter does help to spot where that is. Usually the DX will only move
when too many people have found the spot and it becomes too crowded.

AB2TC - Knut