Have you set the jumpers in MK II for an electret mic?

Have you set Router to select the rear mic ("Microphone
Selector" on the Audio Switching tab)?

What adapter are you using between the ProSet K2 and
the Foster to RJ-45 adapter connected to the rear of
the MK II?

Have you set the "EXT MIC" jumper for IC and tried using
the EXT MIC (3.5mm) jack on the front of MK II?

Please refer to the user manual.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV