On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 16:30:10 -1000, David Herring wrote:

>Don

>Take the bottom three bands in your rig's tx eq and run them down to
>their minimum setting.

>That alone should get you 90% or more "there."

Yes.

>I run mine like that and everyone seems to like it.

Me too.

Another point about setting levels. The CM500 is a pretty "hot" mic --
that is, it puts out a lot of voltage -- so you will want to use the
LOW setting for mic gain (in the K3 setup menu).

Once you have done that, AND set the TX EQ as David recommends, THEN
follow the directions in the K3 manual to set audio levels. The
executive summary of that is set Display so that it reads ALC and
compression, use the mic gain to set for a given ALC reading, then set
Compression to get 10dB of compression as indicated on the front panel
meter.

73, Jim K9YC