Hi,

I am still moderately interested in this amplifer. The decision to go with a
linear and perhaps even unregulated power supply built into this amplifier
is a major disappointment to me. I can understand the decision from an
engineering standpoint - nobody wants to to design a high power switcher -
unless that is your sole line of business and expertise. Did Elecraft
research the option of buying an OEM switch mode power supply? Could it
conceivably be an option to offer the amp without a power supply and I will
source my own? The added weight, inefficiency and from Elecraft's own
writings cost associated with a linear power supply really bothers me.
Switchers can and are made quiet these days.

AB2TC - Knut