Things are going very well. Completed the Control Board and now wrapping
up the Front Panel Board.

I noticed the LCD backlight assembly is labeled (top down) "A" and "K"
on one side and "K" and "A" on the other side.   The corresponding board
positions for D2 and D3 have "+" signs.

The manual doesn't say anything about polarity or even if there is a
"top" and "bottom" to the diffuser; just to install it and ensure it is
exactly 1/8" off the board using the spacers provided.

I just wanted to double check with someone who has already been through
this.  Do the "A" and "K" have something to do with polarity?  These are
little LEDs and normally polarity is important.

ALSO -- the manual says, "Do not remove the backing from either side of
the diffuser"  AND IT NEVER MENTIONS THE BACKING AGAIN.  But surely it
has to come off before the LCD is installed over top of it!!  May I
assume I can remove the front and rear backings from the diffuser after
I've soldered it and before I install the LCD?

  Advice here surely appreciated!

Thanks,

Stan Levandowski WB2LQF
HF QRP CW -- Doing more with less for over 50 years!
QCWA #35038   OOTC #4558   NAQCC #4740   SKCC #6488   FISTS #(Pending)