----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron D'Eau Claire" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Elecraft Mail'" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:53 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] What's the Point? (WAS: RE: Can Elecraft take over...)

Nigel KC8NHF/G8IFF wrote:
Most people, I would imagine, build primarily as a means of saving money.
There's no point in building something if I can buy something similar for
less money.

But there is a point: it's fun.

And there is also another point....

The K1 is a truly remarkable rig that is it's only kind providing ultra low currentdraw , up to four bands and buildt in ATU.
With those specs the K1 is inexpencive.

The K2 gives the same just more of it.
I don't know of any other rigs that is selfsupplied with so large battery and so high power output.

What I say is that most of elecraft products is unike and has special values for the people choosing this rigs. Taking in account all aspects for K2 and any other rig they can't be compared because of this.

Tom LA1PHA