Thanks to all who have replied both on and off reflector.

I have read a bunch of the AA5AU website stuff which is very helpful.  The
only disappointment is that the K3 is not reviewed under his "RTTY Radios"
tab.

I have decided to try the AFSK-A method.  After a false start I got MMTY
going on receive only for now.  The tuning scope thing is a big help.  I am
surprised that the K3 doesn't decode what MMTY does, I have tried the 45 and
75 setting in AFSK and nothing helps, it is as garbled as when I tried K3
Util.  It also seems that the sound output from Lin Out plug on the back
(set at nor-10 in the K3) varies with the AF gain control.  Is this normal?

Getting ready for transmit I have turned off Windoze sounds and disabled the
internal mic on the laptop.  I would like to leave the CM-500 plugged in for
SSB use and also have RTTY ready to go.  Should Mic + Lin be set to on to
make this possible?

73,

Joe, W8JH   K3 1713