Jeff -
If you look at the release notes for firmware 4.12 you'll see that it
includes...

* K144XV S-METER CORRECTION: The S-meter is now properly compensated for
the added gain of the K144XV.

With earlier firmware the S-meter was reading far too high and in my
case it brings it more into line with other transceivers. Maybe the
S-meters of your other 'radios' are reading too high.

I think it would be wise to do an RF Calibration now you have your new
K144XV.

73

David G4DMP

In a recent message, Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF <vk4bof.elecr...@gmail.com>