Michael van Hauten wrote:

> Hi Elecrafters,
> my new K3 #4739 is ready and works fine. Only one problem is the band
> switch. Switching the bands up by pressing the right side of the
> bandswitch works very well. But for switching the bands down you need a
> lot of pressure, so much that the K3 moves backwards on the table. Any
> solution for this problem?

Hallo Michael,

You didn't say if your unit is factory or kit, but my guess is the front
panel assembly is not properly inserted into the front panel sheet metal.
Make sure the BAND switch is centered in the panel cutout and not binding on
the left side.  If it's binding, you will need to remove the front panel
assembly and reseat to the sheet metal.

Otherwise you may need a new front panel assembly from Elecraft if the
switch itself is bad.  I doubt that switch can be easily repaired behind the
rubber buttons but you should contact K3support at elecraft.com for advice.

73 & GL!

Bill