Thanks for the comments, both on and off list!

Someone pointed out that I had failed to mention the value of using the Dual
Passband
Filter [Dual PB; Hold Xfil button].  Yes!  I use it all the time.  In fact
it comes up as my
default when I switch to RTTY.  It is most helpful.

Also some folk commented about the fact that in recent firmware RTTY
defaults to 75 Baud.
This appears to be true.  But once you change it back to 45 Baud (per band),
it will stay
that way until changed.  If you cannot get clean copy on a properly tuned
strong signal, you
probably have the baud rate incorrectly set. [Data MD]

Thanks again, and hope my notes were helpful to some.

Regards,

73

John, N6JW