Hi all,

Can someone please enlighten me about how MKR A
and MKR B work in the P3? My software in both
units is current.

I've just turned on the K3 and P3. VFO A is on
20m, and VFO B is on 40m. On page 6 of the manual,
it says that MKR A controls VFO A, and MKR B
controls VFO B. But I haven't turned MKR A on yet,
so the display shows the center freq display for
20m without a marker.

Now I tap the MKR A button, and the cyan marker
comes on. Fine so far, and MKR A allows me to QSY
by tuning and tapping the rotary knob.

Then I tap the A/B button on the K3. The rig
shifts to 40m display, and the marker remains
cyan. What I expected was, since MKR B controls
VFO B, there would be no marker because I haven't
activated MKR B. And I didn't expect to see MKR A
at all because this is VFO B.

Sometimes when I have changed bands, and moved the
marker to QSY, it takes two taps of the rotary
knob before the frequency is changed, other times
only once. And sometimes the marker frequency
changes to the new band freq and sometimes not.

What I'm saying is I am continually surprised at
how the markers work, but I can't figure out the
pattern. To me, any function should be consistent
and repeatable, so I'm missing something very
basic. When I asked support how the markers are
supposed to work, all they said was read the
manual. That's what got me in trouble in the first
place.

So enlighten me, ye Marker Gods who have figured
this out. I can't figger the logic.

73,

John W9LHG