Bill,

My answer is not a "smart remark", but rather the truth - and that
answer is "Whatever it takes!"
There are so many variables that your question cannot be answered
specifically for your location.
Some of the variables are antenna polarization, physical distance, gain
of the transmit antenna and its heading relative to the receive
antenna.  Trees, buildings and other objects that may shield the receive
antenna from the transmit ant, proximity of feedlines, how much
radiation is coming back on the feedline for each antenna, plus probably
a host of other factors that I may not have thought of.

You could make some tests using a simple pickup antenna and a field
strength meter at your proposed location for the receiving antenna
before placing it.  Position the temporary pickup antenna for the least
field strength.
Unless you have a lot of freedom in the physical location of the receive
antenna, the simple solution may be to switch in an attenuator for the
subRX when transmitting.  If the main and the sub are going to be on
different bands, perhaps a bandpass filter would be a good solution -
again, the real answer is "Whatever it takes", and hopefully you can
begin to understand why that is the only answer possible.

73,
Don W3FPR