K3'ers...

When I record messages with the DVR, does the recording use the
TX EQUALIZATION settings, or are these only used when the signal is
actually transmitted?

I have two mics on my radio, and was trying to see how they sounded on
playback.

I setup the rear mic, and made two recordings. I listened and they
sounded good.

Now I reconfigured for the front mic, and began trying to get them to
sound the same. As I was adjusting the TX EQ on the front mic, and
comparing the sound with the recorded rear mic, it seemed that the
recordings were being distorted. I felt that the recordings contained
some TX EQ AND I was hearing it compounded by the current TX EQ for
the front mic.

Does this make any sense.

Help!

...bc nr4c