Doug,

I am not going to really answer your question, but give it some "food
for thought" - most true Noise Blankers will not work on RF hash (which
I would interpret as a "frying noise" mainly because it is too
constant.  If such a constant noise were to be blanked (the IF would be
interrupted for the duration of the noise), then you would also kill
reception.  There are some radios with buttons labeled NB that do more
of a "noise reduction" function rather than full blanking, and may be
effective for those more constant types of noise.

Yes, the KDSP2 does do Noise Reduction, and does it quite well.  Whether
it will handle your particular noise is to be determined.  If you can
find someone with a K2 equipped with the KDSP2, you would want to try it
at your location to see if it will handle your noise.  If you do borrow,
you may want to try several of the variety of setting available on the
KDSP2, so record your friends settings and restore them before you
return the K2.  Just a note - some users of the KDSP2 do not know that
the noise reduction parameters can be adjusted, and they just use
whatever the defaults are.  You may need something different than the
defaults, so some experimentation may be required.

73,
Don W3FPR