Bob,

While Wayne has said that the default settings were well thought out and
will serve most operators well, I liked the AGC response of my K2 which
made strong signals have stronger audio than weaker signals.
Thanks to Jack Smith who characterized the K3 AGC and posted charts on
his website www.cliftonlaboratories.com, I set my AGC SLP to 002 and AGC
THR to 008 and I am a happy camper.  It reduces the band noise rise
between signals and as I indicated, I just like it that way - your
mileage may vary, and I invite you to experiment - Jack's charts can
give you some guidance and keep you from straying too far from a decent
response curve.

I am not absolutely certain this relates directly to NR, and I was
tempted to change the subject line, but as you can see, I left it as-is.

73,
Don W3FPR