From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2010 9:54 AM
To: Bob Naumann
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] FM Filter for AM?

Bob Naumann wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> Am I correct in my understanding that the reason the 2.1 is not
> currently
> allowed is simply a firmware issue?

Yes. As usual we have a long list of customer requests that we're
working on. This is one of them (along with allowing the FM filter to
be used for AM TX).

> I was surprised that after removing the 2.7 and installing the 2.1
> that its
> selection as a transmit filter was precluded.

I believe the owner's manual and assembly manual both state that you
need either a 2.7 or 2.8 kHz filter installed. But we many need to
further clarify this.

73,
Wayne
N6KR