Giorgio,

Yes, the ALC meter works with the line in or the rear microphone jack.
Adjust the levels to activate the first 4 bars with the 5th bar
occasionally flickering.

There are some interface boxes that require a jumper to be changed to
obtain the higher level output that is required by a line-in.  Check the
documentation for your interface.

73,
Don W3FPR