From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dave & Jeanne
Robertson
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 4:52 PM
To: Elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] [K3] Tokyo High Power

Does anyone use the Tokyo High Power linear amp (HL-1.5kfx) with their K3?
If you do I need to ask how you connect the auto band switching to the
linear with the K3?

The manual doesn't refer to the K3 at all but refers to Kenwood. It appears
to use a Serial connection from the rig to the amp and is restricted to 9600
baud comm speed.  I have a P3 and it requires a 38400 baud connection. For a
test I tried to change the baud rate to 9600 only to have the K3 change it
back to 38400 (note the P3 is connected during this time). It appears that
you cannot use the P3 at the same time you use auto band switching in the
THP linear. Am I correct in this assumption and if I am not could you please
enlighten me.
Thanks in advance.
Dave KD1NA