A new feature seems to have appeared with my K3/P3 combo, both factory
assembled.  Whenever I key the K3 on an empty daytime 80 meter band, I get a
narrow, but strong waveform down about 300-400 Hz from the marked carrier
frequency.   If I hold key down for a few seconds the spike builds to about
-80dBm from a noise base of about -130dBm.    I searched the archives but
all I saw was something about a phantom signal.  This is not phantom at all.
Of course it also shows brilliantly in the waterfall display.

I have checked that all cables and power connected to both units are well
attached.  Also, this feature appears to be new, have been created overnight
by Murphy.  All suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

Gary W2CS