-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of W3FPR - Don
Wilhelm
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 12:46 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] More rumors?

Yes, Blasphemy in the eyes of the 'QRP only' folks, but consider that
the K2
has grown in respect by leaps and bounds - at first it was considered a
'toy
radio' by some, but it has become noticed by not only the QRP folks, but
also by the QRO, contesting, and DX communities as a superb receiver
coupled
with a good transmitter.  It just makes good business sense to expand
the
market to all potential customers.  It is not necessary to buy the BIG
AMP,
the basic QRP K2 is still the same as before - each to his own, and
Elecraft
is managing to provide products that promise to appeal to all
persuasions
within Ham Radio.

Elecraft now has, or will soon have, products that encompass the field
from
handheld portable HF radios to full legal limit gear.  That is quite an
accomplishment for the 'folks at Aptos'.  Take your pick, minimalistic
QRP
or full power QRO - Elecraft has something to fit your wants and
desires.

73,
Don W3FPR