Alan,

Even if you have no internet connection, you can still double click on the
graphical display DX Cluster window.  This is the one that sits Vertically in
the window, as opposed to the Text version that sits horz. in the window pane.
If you point and double click on the Freq. you want to QSY to, regardless if
there's a DX station listed or not, you will QSY there.  I use this all the
time just to jump from band to band.  However with all the newest software
loaded I haven't found that it ever jumps back on me.
There are settings regarding the way you click to QSY with HRD's DX Cluster
windows, maybe it has to do with a Single click Vs' double click mode???