Hi

I build a K1 (80m, 20m) during the last days and had a lot of fun! The
manual is just awesome and I am looking forward to make my first qso
with it.

Now I have a problem with the tramitter. That is why I joined this list
and I was very glad to see, that there is much activity.

The rx alignment went well and the resistance and voltage checks of the
tx part are all fine.

When I first started the tune mode on 80m with 2 watts, it shows me
somewhat like 1.7, Q7 became quite hot and something started smelling. I
was not able to read the current consumption before I disconnected the
source.

After double-checking all resistor values, the orientation of all diodes
and ICs and the transformers, I tried it again.

But now, regardless on what Out-Pwr and Band I choose, the display shows
"P0.1" in tune mode. I can hear a very weak tone in the K3 standing next
to the K1. The current consumption is at about: 60mA rx, 200mA tx

I cant see any cold solder connections nor bridges.

So I guess I burned Q7 somehow. Any idea what I can do or what went
wrong here?

How can I test a 2SC1969 and what do I have to check, to make sure, I
don't just burn a new one?

Many tnx fer ur help and best 73 de Lorenz / HB9TYU (Zurich, Switzerland)

--
Lorenz Koestler <lor...@koestler.ch> / HB9TYU
PingMe: https://pingen.com/*lorenz