I am all in favour of the CE rules and CE mark system, It's just a pity
that in many EU member states market surveillance and enforcement is lax
(& under-resourced) as this allows the unscrupulous manufacturers to get
away with cutting corners to the detriment of consumers (& radio
amateurs) and hurts companies that invest the engineering time and
resources to ensure that their products are compliant with the safety
and EMC requirements

I am glad that magellan do things right, I have seen (serous) issues
with strong interference to marine VHF by some marine chart plotter
products produced by another prominent North American Company.

Marine VHF is of course FM and as a result most users won't notice the
problem that is rendering their VHF 'deaf' when the plotter is on..

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ