I beg to differ,  Any radio will show its true audio traits if it is
fed into a good wide-range speaker (or amplifiers and speakers).

The best sound I get from my K3 is when I connect it to the input of my
shack/office sound system mixer which has a wide range amplifier and
good high fidelity speakers following it.  The amplifier and speakers
are flat from 60 Hz to about 15,000 Hz, and the speakers are AR-3s.
Should I want a better and smoother sound, I would bring in either my
set of Spectrum speakers or my Vandersteens   No, I do not normally use
it that way - I just did it for a test!

The goal of speakers and amplifiers is to produce a true reproduction of
the input signal.  If the speakers make SSB "a bit flat" or make CW "too
crisp", you can blame it on distortion in the amplifier/speaker combination.

Yes, I believe there is a place for high fidelity sound reproduction in
ham radio - speakers that have ragged response curves will not
faithfully reproduce the input signal.  I will admit that for certain
purposes, like using a speaker resonance point to amplify your chosen CW
pitch may be an enhancement, that same speaker will make SSB "sound funny".'

As you might conclude, I enjoy faithfully reproduced sound (I compare
music to what I hear in a live concert), and I abhor distortion -
speaker/amplifier combinations that produce response peaks drive me to
distraction.  Give me a flat amplifier/speaker response that is free
from distortions any day of the week - that is why I have invested in
good audio gear - peaked (or muddied) speaker responses drive me nuts,
even on my K3.

Try your K3 driving into a good audio system and it may surprise you -
the K3 is capable of "Hi-Fi" sound.

73,
Don W3FPR