Yes, Eric, like you I usually switch on my XV144 for about 20 minutes
before I intend to use it to allow the crystal oven to get up to
temperature. Then, it is nice and stable.  I did have the Mitsubishi PA
module fail on me and had to replace it. I have also fitted an internal
fan similar to that used in the XV432.  Since then, no problems.  In
contrast, my internal K144XV drifts almost 100Hz in five minutes, even
after allowing 30 minutes to 'warm up'.

73 de David G4DMP

In a recent message, Eric <gliderboy1...@yahoo.com> writes