Thanks for this. I must get a battery pack kit for my K1. It seems a pity to
have to use a PSU or external battery with it.

My K2 had the lead acid cell in it but I found that it was rather heavy.
When I bought one of Roses' excellent cases for my K2 for a holiday to the
US,  I replaced the battery with 10AA cells of 2500mAhr. This is much
lighter and it has worked very well.with 5W output. 10W is possible but it
drains the cells too fast. I did intend to use a LiPo cell but balked at the
danger of charging them inside the K2. I do use the LiPo cells, but keep
them outside the K2 - in one of the side pockets of the case. These have
amazing performance for their weight and cost.

Mike