Successfully downloaded MCU4.17 and began experimenting with APV.  It
took awhile to find a weak CW signal - 20m band must be in good shape.

I did find one that was pretty spotty reception in 2.8-KHz bw; a bit
better with 400-Hz.  Then is turned on the APV.  I could see a
definite improvement once I got familiar with how to use it;  signal
went S=0 to S=2.  That is a nice enhancement in the firmware.

I will be doing primarily weak-signal CW with my K3 on 144-MHz and
1296-MHz eme.  The 400-Hz filter takes some getting use to compared
with 400-Hz DSP bw on my FT-847 (i.e. there is NO comparison).  The
8-pole K3 xtal filter just "chops off" everything outside the narrow
band.  Background noise drops significantly, too.  I may want to do
my eme search in 2.8, then narrow bw once I find a signal to
copy.  Fortunately, Ihave sw can detect a carrier way below audio
threshold (down to SNR= - 28 dB in a 2.8-KHz band).

I tested my SSB Tx levels using TUNE and the mic (on 20m) and they
indicate normal RF output so not seeing any issue on my K3/10 (16w
max output) (#4030).

I did play with CONFIG: PB CTRL 0.05 or 0.01; the 0.01 seemed to work
with APV nicer.
-----------------------------------
Sidenote:  My new 1296/28 transverter was shipped on Wed.

Just confirmed that I will be receiving a prototype dual-RX
transverter for 144/28 MHz.  Steve at Downeast Microwwave is using me
as beta-tester for this new model.  I will run it with my
dual-polarity 2m antenna array to capture polarity-angle information
using Linrad sw.  This will utilize the dual-Rx in my K3.  I guess
you could say this will make my eme station a polarity diversity
receiver.  Early details:
http://www.kl7uw.com/eme144.htm

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45